Greater Pittsburgh Gorillas
Since 2009, the Greater Pittsburgh Gorillas have been competing at Summer Tournaments throughout the Mid-West, Mid-Atlantic and upstate New York.
We also offer fall and winter training and playing opportunities.
Why do families continue to play for GPG?
- Consistency. We do not have high turnover rates with coaches and directors.
- Competitive and successful teams year-in and year-out.
- Experienced and successful coaches who know lacrosse and how to successfully work with players. Many of our coaches have played at the collegiate level.
- Highly organized team activities and communications.
- Many of our coaches have been recruited and played collegiate athletics. They understand the recruitment-to-college process and can help players and their parents make the best decision for their family.
- Even though our focus is centered around helping a player to be the best he can, we never forget that lacrosse is FUN!
If you are interested in your son playing for the Gorillas or have other questions please feel free to contact us at
From an organizational stand point all on field training and coaching is run by Peter Hoffman, all off field administration is handled by Jay Sperling. All of our coaches are trained on hybird field/box techniques. They also have child abuse clearances and are trained in CPR.
GPG Gorillas on social media:
Facebook: Greater Pittsburgh Gorillas - GPG Lax